Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Contrast

 

A Woollie One

To have a pattern ready takes time and effort. For Moineau I decided that I wanted to see what would happen if I used a completely other fiber then the linen I had used at first. I decided to use Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light again, since it is my favourite 4-ply woolly yarn. The colours are rich, it has drape, it is quite sturdy for a single ply yarn and I just love knitting with it. So 1 skein of Porcelain and 1 skein of Tart were bought. But I did do my calculations wrong....

I thought I would have enough yarn with only 1 skein MC and 1 skein CC..... That doesn't work out of course. After I knitted the front I realized that I need 1 and a bit skein MC.... What to do, what to do.... It is handpainted yarn, so no guarantees on colour whatsoever, and I would of course have huge left-overs. To make matters worse, the shop I bought the yarn didn't have the colour (Porcelain) left (Eat.Sleep.Knit, they have a huge selection of Merino Light), so stuck...

I decided in the end to take the CC for the front and make it MC for the back.....and it looks so different:

Woolly

 

Of course there is the difference between a sunny day and an overcast rainy one, but it is more than just that. Both are nice, but they are different. So I'm looking forward to this two-faced top....

It is real nice warm weather right now, so good days to wear summary tops. I knitted a summary top years ago for S, now M can wear it with pride, and Totoro is just good natured as he always is....

Phildar topPhildar top

2 comments:

  1. I love that summery top. And your cat looks a lot less 'scratchy' than ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    And yes Totoro is luckily not a scratch cat, he seems to have no mean bones in its body....

    ReplyDelete