Saturday, September 17, 2011

Purple?

Camilla Girl

 

For one reason or another I am in a purple case. It's not that I am particularly fond of this color either, it just happens to be the color to knit with.

Three items in the purple and one with some purple planned (watch this place…..).

But at least the fibers are all very different, hemp, alpaca-silk and wool. One needs some kind of variety after all….

The sweater at the top is for M. It is Camilla Girl in Quince & Co Osprey "crocus". Normally I tend to stitch to needle sizes between 4.5 and 2.5, but this is aran weight yarn knitted on 6.5 mm. Needless to say, it flies…. The yarn is squishy but it feels sturdy. Good for items like this. M doesn't like jackets , so a sweater might be it for playing outside.

Cecily's CardiganCecily's Cardigan

 

This was a quicky as well, Blue Skies Alpacas Alpaca Silk is just lovely soft and warm with a pretty sheen. The pattern is also from them, design by Cecily Glowik-MacDonald. Easy to follow and easy to knit. Good as a layering item now that autumn is upon us.

Sparrow

 

This one I showed already, hemp is really nice to wear. The pretty buttons are from El Corte Inglés, a nice memory from Madrid….

But before I will do that I will make a snappy red sweater for my big daughter..

Stash

No comments:

Post a Comment