Sunday, October 30, 2011

Autumn

In Transit

I finished my In Transit 2. As it turns out, it has Autumn all written over it. The main thing is of course the yarn, which was Quince & Co Chickadee in "Honey". The color is a kind of yellow, amber, golden hue that really fits with this time of year. The trees are now almost bare, and there is a musty autumn smell in the air. Today the clocks changed backwards. I don't like it, now it will be dark when we come home…. But on the bright side, next week the children have holiday and I'll be taken 2 days off for a small break...

 

In TransitIn Transit

Anyways for some reason I think this one has more vintage feel then the one knitted in Madelinetosh yarn.  I guess it is the fact that the yarn is uniform in color and the color itself is kind of old-fashioned.

I put more buttons on the deep rib, and the straps are a bit wider & longer. I was lucky since I had cute vintage buttons in my button stash that were just perfect for this cardigan.

Now writing the pattern…..my goal is still to have it finished at the end of December (test knitted and all), I have most of it written down, just grading the sizes remains.

Buttons

In Transit

 

Other news, This morning when having breakfast there was a strange cat sitting in front of our kitchen window miaoing very loudly. D opened the door and without hesitating she came in. She was quite thin, very hungry and very very friendly. She also looked as if she is well-looked after in general, with a nice shine on her fur. I guess she got lost some time ago and since she made herself (after eating a lot) comfortable next to me on the sofa we decided to let her be.  So for the moment she stays in our house. If she is still here in a couple of days, we will put out an advertisement since I am sure someone is missing her...

a visitor

No comments:

Post a Comment