Monday, May 14, 2012

In the pink

Marnie

Yesterday I finished my first MadMay2012 sweater. It is Marnie from the last Twist Collective. the original one uses a cotton yarn, but  felt that this pattern would actually be nice as a lightweight woolen one. So with MadMay12 in mind Tosh Merino light seemed to be an obvious choice. The gauge was just a bit more sheer  (23 sts/4" to 26sts/4") so that is good too. I have quite some TML in stash (and to be honest, even a little bit more now) so diving into it, discovered some "mulled wine", a nice understated pink, perfect for spring. the only minor problem with is was that the yarn was a bit overspun, and sometimes curling back onto itself. But I knew from "Melkweg" that the fabric of an overspun TML is just as normal as normal TML. So there I went….

The pattern is easy to follow, until the yoke….. Not that the charts were unclear, but the garter lines were suddenly displaced and I couldn't really work out what to do. In the end I worked out the repeats between the garters by myself and they are different than in the pattern. I think the result is a slightly different neckline, less boat-shaped, and for me actually a plus. So I have one repeat more in the sleeve parts of the yoke and one repeat less in the front and back, which makes the neck more square.

It was quite difficult to photograph the lace part, but I do love the way the garter lines are absorbed in the lace!

 

Marnie

 

I will not stop knitting with TML, nor with pink…. Next up is really shocking pink:

Stash

No shrinking violets here. This one will be for my little one, who loves pink. She is slowly weaning from it, but still pink rules. This will be an Elphabette, again a bit of lace work at the hem, but in this case not at the yoke. knitting is going fast right now:

Elphabette

No comments:

Post a Comment