Sunday, May 6, 2012

Into the green

Multonomah

 

It was a busy week and not much to write about. Just a small knitting update, I finished another shawl. This time Multonomah in Wollmeisse superwash "Drachenblut". The colours are marvelous and after a soak the yarn becomes much more drapey, but I didn't really like knitting with it. It's funny in a way since I do like cotton and knitting with cotton, but this wool yarn felt like cotton and that I didn't like. Also it was very splitty. But I do think that the colours make up for  a lot of that, so I would knit with out again. Also the produced fabric is really nice and crisp. So yes I can see why people love it so much.

 
Multonomah
 
I alsa participating in MadMay2012… so expect a lot of projects in Madelinetosh the coming month… I started with Marnie from the last Twist…. in Tosh Merino Light "mulled wine". I think this will be a lovely lightweight sweater for colder summer/spring days… Perfect for May knitting….
 
Marnie

No comments:

Post a Comment