Saturday, August 25, 2012

Crisp

Some yarn are just crisp and therefore nice for summer knitting. So this summer I had good fun with a crop yarn, Allino. This is my latest project in the linen-cotton mix: my colour changed version of Flaming June:

Cooling Blue

Just a couple of words on the pattern, I really liked the design with the mitered corners, both at the edge of the cardigan and coming back in the sleeves. Also it is a drape-y summer cardigan and I like to have these to just put on when a chill comes on.

Cooling Blue

But what I didn't like was the very long sleeves and I though that the sleeve cap had a very strange shape and with the double decreases a possibility to get a very uneven edge and therefore difficult to seam neatly. So I changed the sleeves considerably…. Shorter and a different sleeve cap, more a classical shape sleeve cap for a set-in design. 

I think this will be a good layering item, just hope now for some nice indian summer weather….. (it is very suddenly autumn-like right now).

Cooling Blue

Cooling Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment