Sunday, November 11, 2012

Just knitting blue

Essential

 

Some weeks are just a haze. Last week was such a week… Filled with meetings and meetings again,on top of that a bit of teaching and lecturing and in the end it becomes a haze. In a way a good week, since I got some nice feed-back, but I was really really tired on Friday. In the middle of the week there was of course more good news. Wednesday was really a very happy day, what a relief and also what a progress in so many other respects. And I have been knitting blue this week as well.  That wasn't really planned, just a lucky accident. 

Anyways I am knitting a very plain cardigan right now. It is the essential cardigan from an Interweave Knits. It is of course mainly plain, not totally plain since it has nice borders and cuffs in broken rib. I really wanted a comfy cardigan, soft and warm, so I am knitting this in Blue Sky Alpacas sport weight which is a 100% baby alpaca yarn. I had this yarn in my stash for many years now and I dug it out sometime in October. I had the pattern in my queue also for a very long time, so now finally they have become together to become this , well essentially an easy, soft and warm cardigan to be worn with almost anything. Just what I need for grey and coldish days. It is relative fast knitting since it is so much stockinette, so I have finished the main parts… now only the front bands to do, so tonight a major session of picking up stitches….

IMG_0561

No comments:

Post a Comment