Monday, December 31, 2012

Way Back

Horatio

M loves owls. She thinks they are incredibly cute and the sound of owls hooting in summer nights is a welcome sound. So when I said I would knit some mittens for her and she looked through patterns, Horatio and Oren was a real winner. I needed another small project to knit on the plane back, so these were it. Now honest, it wasn't the best choice for plane knitting. Not that the pattern isn't great, but mainly it needs attention since every round if different and that isn't that easy on a plane. But hey, nothing for a challenge….

I did knit the adult size, but I used a sport-weight yarn on smaller needles and ended up with child size mittens. I kept the cuff at adult length to provide a mitten that goes just under a coat's sleeve. The yarn is an old stand-by; Quince and Co. chickadee. 

Horatio

Horatio

No comments:

Post a Comment