Wednesday, March 27, 2013

De laatste loodjes…..

Paasbest

I don't speak that much Dutch these days, it is mainly Swedish and English and then some Dutch to my children and my family back in the Netherlands,. writing it is even rarer. Today I had to send some documents to the Netherlands and I just sat for a while thinking of the official phrases used at such an occasion…strange that...

Anyways one thing which is nice in Dutch is the expressions. You never know how a cow catches a hare is an expression used quite a lot in our house, the straight translation of the dutch "Je weet maar nooit hoe een koe een haas vangt…". The title of this blog-entry comes from "De laatste loodjes wegen het zwaarst"  translates literally as " The last little pieces of lead weigh the most". In practice it means that the last bit of a job can take the most time, crave the most effort. And that is a bit true for knitting this cardigan as well. I finished knitting it some days ago. Now every evening I have done a tiny bit of seaming, kitchening and so on. Now the only thing left is, one under sleeve that needs to be grafted, some loose threads that need to be dealt with and attaching the buttons. Almost done, but that last bit…..

The buttons are vintage, from Etsy, nice big ones again….

Paasbest

No comments:

Post a Comment