Sunday, November 20, 2016

Polwarth

IMG_9444

Slowly I knitted this sweater last month. It took a bit longer than I had foreseen, but then I had two false starts and my brioche goes very very slow. I started with a needle size 2.75/3.25 but I felt that the fabric was a bit too stiff, so rip rip rip and over to 3.25 and 3.5 mm. Much much better and the yarn really started to sing. This is Ysolda Blend no.1 and it is really lovely stuff, very soft and yet somehow sturdy too. Strangely enough it was also slightly splitty which really only bothered me when I was knitting the brioche borders and triangle. As for the pattern, as this sweater is for my teenage daughter and it is supposed to mimic a sweat-shirt, I decided not to have any shaping at all. I think that really worked well and I guess it will be a well-beloved item. It suits her well and is exactly her style. Way back in April, when I first spotted this pattern, I knew this would be a real good one for S. 

Next things to come, are some hats, with 5 weeks or so to go in this year (I can’t wait for 2016 to be over, but then I also dread the year to come) and already one winter week behind us, some warm hats are really needed. So that’s the plan, a couple of warm hats, some mittens too and then probably a cardigan for me.

IMG_9441

No comments:

Post a Comment