After a number of projects with colour work,it was time for something different, a bit of cable work. M is normally not really that interested in wearing sweaters but she spotted Vika when I was browsing through patterns and she really liked it. She liked the cables and the neat turtle neck. Since I had some Madelinetosh in my stash in a nice blue that was a good match for the gauge, it was an easy decision to make this one. I didn’t really make any changes when knitting this one, had to play a bit with the sizes though, as M is quite thin, so I knitted the body is size 8 (she is 12) but lengthened it considerably. The sleeves are knitted for size 10 and also longer. For the sleeves I also changed the increase rate to space it out evenly at the end. Other than that, no changes at all. I knitted this without a cable needle (there is a tutorial here) which makes knitting cables so much quicker. Also the project becomes easier to transport as there is not that little cable needle that can so easily get lost. It is just a bit tricky to learn, and it needs a bit of dexterity, but once you’ve mastered it, it makes cable work actually easier.