Sunday, October 9, 2011

In Transit

In Transit

Some time ago in the spring, I was at an airport. Bored and waiting for the flight to board, I started to draw small items. There was one of a cardigan with some ties. I quite liked it but just a plain cardigan with ties didn't completely make it. So I wanted to have some lace too. Back home I browsed through my stitch books and in Barbara Walker's first book there was one that I liked a lot. It is a simple lace pattern over a small number of stitches: English Lace Mesh. So it is good when there are slopes and all that involved. I wanted deep ribs and a vintage feel, but still modern too.
The drawing and some notes lay unused over the summer, but now in Autumn time it was good to start it. So here is the first version in Madelinetosh Tosh sport. The colours is "Stovepipe" a grey with steel-blue undertones. Lovely stuff. I wanted to make a very slightly variegated version and this yarn is just perfect for that kind of thing.

There are some things I want to tweak, so I'll start another one. For this one I have actually kept copious notes so it should go speedy. The tweaked version is going to be in Quince & Co Chickadee "Honey". I will be fun to see how that one will develop.

But until then:

In Transit
To end ,just a small picture of my lovely assistant and photographer:


In Transit

No comments:

Post a Comment